Two interesting articles about the current state of gaming:
Father develops cystic fibrosis game to help daughter
The games that made me
Just read this exercept:
- I leaned patience from rock-hard games like Impossible Mission, Ghosts ‘n Goblins and Thrust (and from waiting for them to load via cassette).
- I learned how to spell from text adventures like Zork, The Hobbit and Hitchhikers’ Guide to the Galaxy.
- I learned social skills from multi-player games like Gauntlet, Pitstop 2 and Ballblazer.
- I developed a love of all sports from simulations like Leaderboard, International Soccer and Summer Games
- I learned to appreciate exotic animals from Jeff Minter’s Attack of the Mutant Camels, Metagalactic Llamas Battle at the Edge of Time and Sheep in Space.
- I learned how to think strategically and quickly adapt to changing fortunes from Archon, Boulderdash and Super Pipeline 2.
- And I learned the universe was a really, really big place from Elite.
What are the games that have made you?
Interesting gaming questions there, lol.
Meanwhile here is a list of free online games to kill time with:
(THESE GAMES SEEMS TO BE DOWN FOR THE MOMENT)
Online Games list
Seriously, why are games so addictive on computers and/or over the Internet? I’m even hooked on an online version of Trivial Pursuit now! http://free-games-list.blogspot.com/2011/03/trivial-pursuit-free-online-game-six.html
Trivial Pursuit online in a web version
Have either of you ever played that particular version of Trivial Pursuit? I ask, not because of any weird rules or particularly tough questions in it, but because of the opponent – The Teddybear… Well, the teddy bear and it’s moves more precisely.
Who put that in there? Funny as hell though, and maybe that’s why I’ve become addicted to this game?
A woman playing golf at her Playstation was shocked to se her “self” tee off TOPLESS in a Tiger Woods golf game.
Tiger Woods PGA 11 Topless golf computer game
Jo Eley had “spent ages” creating an avatar to make it resemble herself using face-mapping technology. But when she started playing, her avatar was topless and, wearing only white hotpants.
Eley, who will turn 27 shortly, said she believed a programmer put the hidden strip in as a prank after Tiger Woods famous screw around with pornstars that was covered broadly in the media. Jo, the mother of one likes to play the Tiger Woods PGA 11 golf game with her partner Nathan Oliver, where they live in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, UK.
Topless golfer found hidden in Tiger Woods PGA Golf Game for Playstation
She told a tabloid: “We couldn’t stop laughing. Now I can’t get rid of it. It could have been worse, she looks quite good and has bigger boobs than me.”
PG Electronic Arts responded by saing: “We have extensively investigated and have determined that this situation is not possible through a retail copy of the game. The player model is clearly modified as a result of hacking.”
It is not know if Tiger Woods have shown any interest in switching to Playstation golf following these topless news.