Give it to useless media to milk Michael Douglas for his fight against cancer. Shameless shit!
I always wondered what all those dead flies were for.
Magnus Muhr is a amateur photographer in Sweden who has come up with the brilliantly creative idea of bringing life back to dead flies. Well I imagine they are dead, otherwise Magnus is also a very skilled animal trainer.
For a further look at Mr. Muhr’s “Dead Flies Circus” check out his homepage gallery.
Magnus Muhr’s portfolios
The reactions to the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize awarded to Barack Obama were what you would expect.
Norwegians have been left feeling humiliated by the incompetance and disrespect of the ideals of Alfred Nobel’s will as managed by the Nobel Peace committee, and the tarnished reputation left by their decisions. Not the first time, but it’s been a while since the politics and incompetance was this obvious even to the dumbest person in the room.
In a matter of hours, Norway has become the target of a lot of well placed jokes about it’s perception of reality. However, for the time being, it appears that the majority of Norwegians joins in on the criticism of the committee.
Here are some of the reactions to the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize from around the world:
– “If Obama deserves the Noble Peace Prize then so does every Miss America contestant who babbles about world peace.”
– “The title is worth nothing, because Obama took office less than 10 days before the Feb. 1 deadline for Nobel Prize nominations.”
– “I have only heard his speech [in Cairo]. I have seen nothing apart from that, just promises. I don’t think it’s enough, yet. But if he completes the withdrawal of the Americans and we completely get rid of their presence in the Middle East, then all Iraqis will thank Obama and trust America again. Then he will deserve not only the Nobel prize, but every other peace accolade the world has to offer. If he really wants to work for peace, tell him to continue working for it in Iraq.”
– “Yes. He’s Got the Prize. Now he should earn it.”
– “I bet Kim Jong Il is shaking with jealous rage in his platform shoes. He hasn’t bombed anyone and he didn’t get a look in.”
– “I wonder what the 6 children killed in a NATO attack in Afghanistan last week has to say about this? Oh wait… They can’t. Cause they’ve been bombed by the peace effort!”
– “The Nobel Prize just won the award for best overall award.”
– “I think they should give Obama a Grammy too.”
– “I think they should give Obama an Oscar too.”
– “If you listen real hard you can hear the moon crying today.”
– “To be honest, I do not feel that I deserve to be in the company of so many of the transformative figures who’ve been honored by this prize — men and women who’ve inspired me and inspired the entire world through their courageous pursuit of peace…
…I know that throughout history, the Nobel Peace Prize has not just been used to honor specific achievement; it’s also been used as a means to give momentum to a set of causes. And that is why I will accept this award as a call to action — a call for all nations to confront the common challenges of the 21st century.” – US President Barack Obama
Thorbjørn Jagland of the Nobel committee said something too, and we WILL post his comments too, as soon as we can find anyone that understands his English.
Will this award tie Obama to his goals and aspirations and strengthen his efforts and belief, or will it become a burden on him and for him?
Did Obama deserve it? Should he accept it? Will he change his mind?
People are already asking themselves who will be awarded the 2010 Nobel Peace Prize.
The odds seem heavily in favour of the Nobel Committee itself. But, if you think this is a new and original joke, Norwegians have already cracked jokes about this for more than 30 years, ever since Knut Aunbu and Johnny Bergh wrote the comedy “To Norway, Home of Giants” in 1979.
(Fast forward to 7:42 in Part 2, if you only want to watch the Nobel Peace Committee sketch.)
Just like every year, Geir Lundestad of the Nobel committee, one of the most arrogant and self-righteous people in Norway will tell Norwegians how stupid they are, and how none of them have his high intellectual capacity required to understand any of this.
Torbjørn Jageland meanwhile will try to learn to speak English in the 2 months before the Norwegian Oscars. (Good luck. You will need it! Really, really need it!)
The establishment will sleep peacefully tonight.
See you at the establishment awards (Great! There blows the whole Oslo Police budget for 2009 and then some).
PS. Should anyone be interested in peace matters (this issue seems to have been overshadowed by all the political nonsense and personal opportunism), global military expenditure for 2008 was 1,470,000,000,000 USD.